Effective Acne Scar Removal Treatments
Acne affects the majority of people during their adolescence and even into maturity. For some, these pesky skin infections come and go; for others, they leave scars.
In particular, severe acne breakouts tend to create scar tissue, forever altering the skin’s appearance. This is because when a breakout penetrates the skin deeply enough, it destroys the tissues beneath it.
Active breakouts are aggravating, but the scars they leave behind are worse. Fortunately, acne scars are treatable, so you no longer have to let them affect your self-esteem and confidence. At Vantage Plastic Surgery, we offer acne scar removal treatments that reduce or eliminate dark spots and pockmarked skin.
Acne Scar Removal Fades Dark and Atrophic Scars
Acne scars are not all the same. Scarring severity and kind are determined by the type of acne, the patient’s skin and other variables. And while you can hide dark spots with cosmetics, indented or atrophic scars are more challenging to conceal.
Atrophic scars are sunken scars that form when wound healing lacks sufficient collagen. Acne scar treatment is fantastic because it can fade the dark and atrophic scars, completely smoothing the skin for a healthier look.
Acne scar treatments can make a big difference aesthetically. In addition, the procedures are non-invasive, fast, effective, convenient and safe.
Available Acne Scar Treatments
Several treatments can fade scars and smooth skin. Whichever you choose will depend on your condition. The treatments we provide include:
- Chemical peels: There are various levels of chemical peels, but they all work by employing enzymes to eliminate dead skin cells and stimulate healing.
- Dermabrasion: This procedure strips the outer layer of skin with a spinning instrument so smoother skin can regrow.
- Dermal fillers: Fillers can improve skin texture and decrease acne scar depressions.
- Laser treatments and skin resurfacing: These procedures use light energy to remove damaged skin cells on the surface.
- Micro needling: This procedure involves tiny needles puncturing the skin, triggering the body’s response (collagen production) to perceived injuries.
Our acne removal specialists can determine the best therapy combination for your acne scarring and skin appearance.
Booking Your Acne Scar Removal Consultation
Our cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Shteynberg, has been helping his patients improve their appearance for years. Do not spend another day struggling with those acne scars. Instead, contact Vantage Plastic Surgery to book an acne scar removal consultation at one of our NYC locations today.
Posted on behalf of
791 Park Avenue, suite 1B
New York, NY 10021
Phone: (212) 951-1877
Monday - Friday 8AM - 6PM